Dr Two-Sticks

being the now defunct blog of a doctorate holder who used knitting as a form of procrastination while writing her dissertation.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Itchy hands

I spent the last few months earning the title in this blog's name (I defended my dissertation April 5, and handed it in to the university May 12), so I haven't been knitting. I've also been avoiding buying things before I move, so I haven't shopped for yarn at all to keep my pack light. I really want to make something!! All I've knit lately is a swatch for a group project that amy! organized for a pregnant friend. I only had time for one swatch, but I wanted to learn entrelac, and it worked, except for that gauge doesn't work normally under entrelac....but it was fun and I wish I had a better picture of it than this. I am in the dark blue quadrant, between the checkerboard and the lantern.